Not Receiving Email Notifications
Hightail has several different email notifications associated with your account, including:
- Delivery Notification
- Folder Share Invitations
- Delivery Confirmations
- Return Receipts
- Account Activation
- Email Change Confirmation
- Hightail Spaces
If you have not received a notification you are expecting, please review the below examples to ensure you are able to receive the next.
- Check your Spam/Junk email folder. Sometimes, certain email clients do not recognize email from hightail.com. If you find Hightail messages in your Spam or Junk folder, add email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts, or Safe senders list. This will allow your mail client to recognize emails from hightail.com and deliver them to your Inbox.
NOTE: Although our email notifications are sent by email@example.com, they will be addressed on behalf of the sender. Here are a few samples of the "From" field from our file delivery email notification and account activation messages:
From: John Smith via Hightail <firstname.lastname@example.org>
If your recipient is unable to receive Hightail emails, you may want ask them to set up an alternate email address in a different domain, like gmail.com or yahoo.com.
- Firewall, Content Filter, or Email Security Policy: Check if your firewall or virus scanner is blocking the email notifications. Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or Corporate IT department and ask that emails from hightail.com be added to the email whitelist to ensure that Hightail messages are not blocked.
- Incorrectly typed email address: Is the sender using your correct email address? Just one mistyped letter will cause an email to go to the wrong address or make it undeliverable. Ask them to double-check that they entered your address correctly.
- Your email address may be included in our email opt-out database. The opt-out link is provided in all Hightail email notifications. If you clicked this link to opt-out, you will no longer receive any file delivery notifications. To receive an opt-in link to resume file delivery notifications, please contact support.
- If you are using Yahoo Mail, Gmail, or Hotmail, please follow the additional steps below:
- Login to your Yahoo! Mail account
- In your Spam folder, click the Hightail email to select it.
- Then click Not Spam, which is above the list of emails
- If you continue seeing these emails in your Spam folder and want them in a Non-Spam folder, you can set up a filter and send them to any folder you wish. Find out how to set up and use Yahoo! Mail filters.
- Login to your Gmail by Google account
- Click Contacts along the left side of any page
- Click the New Contact button in the top-left corner of the Contact Manager
- Enter email@example.com in the email field.
- Click the Save button to add
- Repeat steps 3 - 5 using firstname.lastname@example.org as the new contact
- Alternatively, you can mark a message from hightail.com as 'Not Spam,' your Contacts list is automatically updated so that future messages from us are received in your inbox.
Windows Live Hotmail
- Login to your Windows Live Hotmail account
- Go to Options > More options > Junk e-mail > Safe and blocked senders > Safe senders
- Add @hightail.com to the field labeled: Sender or domain to mark as safe on your Safe senders page and then click the Add to list >> button
- Messages from safe senders and domains will not be sent to the junk e-mail folder.